Last modified: February 21, 2020
2019 – 2020
WHY SHOULD I READ AT HOME?
Students who read….
20 minutes a day:
- are exposed to 1,800,000 words a year
- Score in the 90th percentile on standardized tests
5 minutes a day:
- are exposed to 282,000 words a year
- score in the 50th percentile on standardized tests
1 minute a day:
- are exposed to 8,000 words a year
- score in the 10th percentile on standardized tests (x)
In case you missed it: reading 20 minutes a day exposes you to 1.8 million words per year. Merely being exposed to words will greatly increase your vocabulary, and will make school easier, not to mention the sheer enjoyment of the literature. So read at home.
- HOMEWORK NOTEBOOK – click here if you lost your homework notebook an need to reprint it.
- Disclosure/Procedure Document
- Google Permission Form
- Reading Promises
- Writing Promises
- Standards Report Guide as sent by the District
Home Page Links
- Static Electricity
- Inherited vs. Learned Traits
- The Scientific Method
- Earthquakes 2
- Chemical and Physical Changes
- Mixtures and Compounds
- States of Matter
- Solute vs Solvent
- Matter Properties
- Social Studies
- Fun Stuff
- Typing Timed Test