Please take a moment to review the Spring Creek Elementary Title I Information for 2023-2024: School-Parent-Family Compact Español: Pacto de Aprendizaje entre Padres y Escuelas Parent &...
October 29, 2023
Dear Spring Creek Parents,
THANK YOU for your support in attending Parent Teacher Conferences last week. We appreciate you taking the time to meet with your student’s teacher. I also want to thank the PTA for providing a delicious dinner to faculty and staff on Thursday night. We are so fortunate to have a community of parents who support us!
This Tuesday, October 31 at 3:00 p.m. we will have our Annual Halloween Parade for parents and students. Students may wear their costumes to school on Tuesday but we ask that costumes not distract from learning–it is a regular day of instruction. Additionally, NO MASKS, FAKE WEAPONS (guns, swords, knives, etc) OR GORY MAKE-UP ARE ALLOWED. If these items are brought to school or if a student’s make-up or costume distract others from learning, parents will be called. We also ask that when parents attend the Halloween Parade that they follow the school guidelines for costumes and not wear masks.
Parents may view the parade on the grass at the front of the school or along the south side and back wall behind the school. Students will parade twice around the building. The parade will conclude around 3:25. We ask that parents wait for students to be dismissed at 3:30. If you need to check out your child before the bell, please go through the front doors and use the RAPTOR system to check into the office.
We announced our Student HAWKS of the month last Friday! We are so proud of these 20 students who were selected and for their examples of showing kindness, owning their learning, acting safely and responding responsibly! Check our social media or our front glass display to see their pictures.
Spring Creek Hawks don’t fly, they SOAR!
Upcoming Calendar Items
**Tuesday Oct 31st ~ Halloween Parade outside @ 3:00pm (see information below)
**Thursday Nov 2nd ~ Picture Make-Up Day (see information below)
**Thursday Nov 9th: Save the Date ~ Spring Creek Community Night (see information below)
After School Program this week
- After School Academy 3rd & 4th will meet Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
- After School Academy 5th & 6th will meet Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
- Hawk Theatre Drama Club 1st – 3rd will meet on Monday & Wednesday
- Hawk Theatre Drama Club 4th – 6th grade will meet on Thursday only!
- Art Club 1st – 2nd will not meet this week!
- Art Club 3rd – 4th will meet on Thursday
- Art Club 5th – 6th meets on Monday
- Hope Squad will meet on Wednesday
***After School Program will not have classes or activities on Tuesday, October 31st due to Halloween!
Tuesday Oct 31st @ 3:00 (outside) Also, please see Principal Snow’s message for more information
As you choose a costume, please remember the following guidelines:
***NO toy guns, swords, or masks.***
Clothing and grooming should not distract from the learning environment.
- All clothing should reach below mid-thigh length when seated,
- Clothing shall cover the midriff, underwear, backs, and chest at all times.
- Clothing with inappropriate pictures or messages are not allowed.
- Gang related styles and insignia are prohibited.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather and PE class should be worn.
- Hats and attached hoods on jackets or hoodies are not to be worn inside the building unless it is part of a dress up day as designated by the school.
Picture Make-Up Day
Spring Creek Picture Retake/Make-Up Day is Coming! Thursday, November 2nd
**If you would like to have the picture re-taken then return the picture packet back to the school office and we will put your child on the list to have their picture taken.
Only the following students will have their picture taken:
- Students absent on September 19th, Picture Day, for class composite picture
- Students enrolled after September 19th, Picture Day, for class composite picture
- Students having a retake. Must Return Picture Packet Envelope With Pictures To Have A Retake Done
- Students who are ordering online (let the school office know to add student to list)
- Students with an order form filled out and exact payment enclosed (photographer & school office do not have change) .. If you would like an order form contact the school office
You can still order pictures at mylifetouch.com or if have questions call 1-800-736-4753
For Pictures taken on Picture Day Sep 19th Use ID: EVT4BD48B
For Pictures taken on Make-up Day Nov 2nd Use ID: EVT4K7ZHM
Save the date for our Spring Creek Community Night, which will be held on Thursday, November 9th from 5:30-7:00 p.m.!
We will have many community resources there to share information about their programs with you, teachers will be giving families literacy games and activities that can help build your children’s literacy skills at home, each student will receive a free book, free haircuts available for students, pizza will be served (while supplies last), there will be a special meeting to share resources with our new to the country families, and we’ll have lots of fun door prizes! We will also be holding our Annual Title I Meeting during our community night where we will share important information with parents along with a Crumbl cookie while supplies last! You won’t want to miss this amazing event!
Start to think about your STEM Fair project! This year our STEM Fair will be held in January. All grades are welcome to participate in our school STEM Fair. 5th and 6th graders will have the opportunity to participate in the District and State STEM Fair. It is always best to start thinking about your project early. For more information, please visit our website here.
Community Events Information & Flyers
See attached Community Events Flyer