Please take a moment to review the Spring Creek Elementary Title I Information for 2023-2024: School-Parent-Family Compact Español: Pacto de Aprendizaje entre Padres y Escuelas Parent...
Dear Spring Creek Families,
Thank you to each and every one of you for your support of the Spectacular on Monday night. It is a highlight of the year for students and we appreciate your generous support of Spring Creek! So much work went into this event and to all of our volunteers and PTA members, a sincere thank you. I appreciate Mr. Bell, our custodian and his crew staying late and having the school and grounds ready for students the next day.
Speaking of Mr. Bell, Monday is National Custodian Appreciation Day! Spring Creek is so fortunate to have him and his crew working to keep the school clean, safe and in working order. Thank you Mr. Bell and crew!
Lastly, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Martinez’s first grade class for having the BEST overall ATTENDANCE the month of September. Each student will receive a free Crazy bread coupon and the Golden Hawk Trophy!
Spring Creek Hawks Don’t Fly, They SOAR!
Mrs. Snow, Principal
Upcoming Calendar Items
- **Wednesday Oct 4th: Hearing Screenings (see important information below)
- **Thursday Oct 19th through Monday Oct 23rd: No School ~ Fall Break
- **Tuesday Oct 24th: No School ~ Professional Development Day
- **Wednesday Oct 25th: School Resumes
- **Wednesday Oct 25th & Thursday Oct 26th: Parent Teacher Conferences Signup information coming soon!
- **Wednesday Oct 25th & Thursday Oct 26th: Early Release Days – Friday Schedule For Parent Teacher Conferences
- **Thursday Nov 9th: Save the Date ~ Spring Creek Community Night
See more information below.
After School Program this Week
After School Program students will meet in the cafeteria on the days their class meets;
- After School Academy 3rd & 4th will meet Tuesday – Thursday ***(After School Academy 3-4: Monday class cancelled this week)***
- After School Academy 5th & 6th will meet Monday & Wednesday only
- Hawk Theatre Drama Club 1st – 3rd will meet on Monday & Wednesday
- Hawk Theatre Drama Club 4th – 6th grade will meet on Tuesday & Thursday
- Art Club 1st – 2nd meets on Tuesday
- Art Club 3rd – 4th meets on Thursday
- Art Club 5th – 6th meets on Monday
- HOPE Squad will meet on Wednesday
If you would like to sign up, we still have a few spots open in Art Club 3-4 and Art Club 5-6! It will be such a fun class in the after school program!
Hearing Screenings will be on Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023
Hearing is an important part of your student’s ability to learn and progress at school. For this reason and in accordance with state and federal laws we conduct a yearly hearing screening to identify children with potential hearing problems. Our annual screening includes entry into preschool, Kindergarten through 3rd, 7th and 11th grades, all students in special education programs, students new to the school or district and for students with parent/teacher concerns.
The hearing screening is a very simple procedure and will take only a few minutes. If your student is absent or does not pass the initial screening, they will be rechecked on a later date and you will be notified if there is a continued concern. If you do not want your student to participate, please send a signed note with them indicating you do not want this service provided.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the Spectacular Color Festival last week! We had so much fun!
If you’d like to be involved in planning for our Santa Shoppe in December come to our next meeting on October 13th at 10am!
Save the date for our Spring Creek Community Night, which will be held on Thursday, November 9th from 5:30-7:00 p.m.!
We will have many community resources there to share information about their programs with you, teachers will be giving families literacy games and activities that can help build your children’s literacy skills at home, each student will receive a free book, free haircuts available for students, pizza will be served (while supplies last), there will be a special meeting to share resources with our new to the country families, and we’ll have lots of fun door prizes! We will also be holding our Annual Title I Meeting during our community night where we will share important information with parents along with a Crumbl cookie while supplies last! You won’t want to miss this amazing event!
ANNUAL POWERSCHOOL UPDATE REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNING STUDENTS
Reminder to update your online forms in PowerSchool at grades.provo.edu if you have not done so already. All parents/guardians are required to update the online forms in their Parent Portal Account on Powerschool every year. Contact the school office at 801-370-4650 if you have forgotten your login information and they will reset it for you.
Community Events Information & Flyers
See attached Community Events Flyers