November 26, 2023 Dear Spring Creek Families, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Please take a moment and look at the upcoming calendar and other information in the newsletter....
Dear Spring Creek Families,
I hope you had a safe, restful and happy Fall Break. It was wonderful to welcome students back to school on Wednesday. As a reminder, students should not arrive at school before 8:15 a.m. The school doors are locked and there is no outside supervision at this time.
I encourage you to review the following OUTSIDE expectations with your student. Following these guidelines ensures student safety.
- Once students arrive at school, they must remain on school grounds until school ends unless they are checked out through the front office by an approved adult.
- The front lawn is off limits for recess play. It is used only under direct supervision of teachers.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller skates, roller blades must be walked on the school grounds. Bikes should be locked in the bike rack while at school.
- Snowball throwing and sliding on ice are prohibited.
- When lining up to board the bus, students must stay safely back on the sidewalk until the bus has come to a complete stop and the bus driver indicates that they are ready for students to board the bus. Places in line may not be saved by other students, backpacks etc. Siblings may line up together.
- All students are expected to go outside for recess unless there are medical reasons that have been approved through the school nurse.
- Rough play leads to injury and anger and is therefore not allowed.
Students who ride the bus are required to ride the bus home unless a parent or guardian has contacted the office and given written approval for the student to walk home. The school resource officer will be called if a student leaves the school who is expected to ride the bus home.
Save the Date
Parent Teacher Conferences are on Wednesday, November 2 and Thursday, November 3. We have set the goal as a staff to meet with every student’s parent or guardian. Please help us accomplish this goal! Signups will be on our website at www.springcreek.provo.edu . For your convenience, you can select to meet in person with your child’s teacher or via Zoom. We will also be hosting our annual Title I Night on Thursday, November 3 from 5:00-7:00 pm in the gym. Come and enjoy a J DAWGS hot dog with your student.
Dates At A Glance
- Thursday, October 27: Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, October 27: Dental Varnishing
- Monday, October 31: Halloween Parade outside at 3pm
- Wednesday, November 2 and Thursday, November 3: Parent Teacher Conferences
After School Program
This week in the After School Program:
- After School Academy 1st & 2nd meets Monday – Thursday
- After School Academy 3rd & 4th meets Monday – Thursday
- After School Academy 5th & 6th starts Monday, 10/24 and meets Monday – Thursday
- Theater 1st – 3rd meets on Monday & Wednesday
- Theater 4th – 6th meets on Tuesday & Thursday
- Art Club 1st – 3rd meet on Tuesday
- Art Club 4th – 6th meets on Monday
Please note: We will not have After School Program next Monday, October 31st (Halloween)
Thursday, Oct 27th Dental Varnishing Consent Forms were sent home Each student needs to have their own consent form and only students with a signed consent form will have the varnishing done. Please send in the form even if you do not want to have the varnishing done. A form is attached for your convenience along with an information sheet.
Picture Make-Up Day Spring Creek Picture Retake/Make-Up Day is Coming! Thursday, Oct 27th
If you would like a retake or ordering pictures contact the school office at 801-370-4650 to have your child put on the list to have their picture taken.
You can still order pictures at mylifetouch.com or if have questions call 1-800-736-4753 For Pictures taken on Picture Day Sep 22nd Use ID: EVTB4WVK4 For Pictures taken on Make-up Day Oct 27th Use ID: EVTG9Z6HJ
Only the following students will have their picture taken:
- Students absent on September 22nd, Picture Day, for class composite picture
- Students enrolled after September 22nd, Picture Day, for class composite picture
- Students having a retake. Must Return Picture Packet Envelope With Pictures To Have A Retake Done
- Students who are ordering online
- Students with an order form filled out and exact payment enclosed (photographer & school office do not have change) .. If you would like an order form contact the school office
Halloween Information & Costume Guidelines
Halloween Parade is Monday, October 31 at 3:00 pm (outside weather permitting) As you choose a costume, please remember the following guidelines:
- No toy guns, swords, weapons or masks
- Clothing and grooming should not distract from the learning environment.
- All clothing should reach below mid-thigh length when seated.
- Clothing shall cover the midriff, underwear, backs, and chest at all times.
- Clothing with inappropriate pictures or messages are not allowed.
- Gang related styles and insignia are prohibited.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather and PE class should be worn.
- Hats and attached hoods on jackets or hoodies are not to be worn inside the building